Sunday, September 27, 2015

My Classroom 2014

Last year I had to move out of my big kindergarten classroom that I had been in for over ten years, into a tiny, little room. Making the move to a little room inspired me to get super organized. Okay...I am already super organized, but I figured if I had to live in a tiny room, it might as well be cute. Since I would be teaching in a really cramped space, I decided to simplify my color scheme. I went with black and white polka dots with pops of teal and lime green. I started shopping and collecting over the summer!


Here are a few of the things I found. Of course, my living room became my summer storage spot!

I love my polka dot rug from Ikea. I actually sewed two rugs together to make one big rug.

Since my teacher bookshelves would now have to be at the front of the room, under my white board, I wanted them to look neat and organized. I added some polka dot Washi tape across the bottom to spruce them up. I also found some cute polka dot bags on sale at Hobby Lobby.

I repainted a table I've had in my classroom for years to match my polka dot theme.


 I think it turned out pretty cute!

My daughter made this cute classroom rules sign for me.

Here's a picture of my teacher wall.

And, my student work wall...

I was happy in my little room...but of course it didn't last and I had to move back to my old room the very next year!










No comments:

Post a Comment